About Me

My Photo
Amongst other things, this is a love story.... the theme changes occasionally... this year it is fitness and learning to love yourself.

22 April 2013

S is for Ss or S's. Healing with words. Day 19. #atozchallenge

Thanks Inspiration boost and Bernard
S 1 |es| (also s)
noun ( pl. Ss or S's)the nineteenth letter of the alphabet.a shape like that of a capital S S 2abbreviation• Saint• siemens.• small• South or Southern • Biochemistry Svedberg unit(s).


S is the winner. S has more words starting with it than any other. That's a significant achievement for a word lover and it's reflected in my deck of Magic Spirit Cards.  The more choices I have the harder it is to for me to decide, so in honour of S's superiority, and my *checks thesaurus for an S word* shilly-shallying, I settled on S.  

The definition of S is somewhat long, which reminded me that Ruth Howard once said 'sometimes a few words are better than a long explanation.' So like a game of flash cards, here's a brief assessment for each of my seven S cards.
  • Spirit - it's the energy inside you, it's in everything, everywhere, and all connected. If you need to find a connection take a birds eye view of your situation and look within. 
  • Sexuality - It's a choice...Do I sense controversy? ... because someone, somewhere is deciding whether to keep a part of them secret or not, do it or not, hurt or heal with it, control or succumb.  It's nature and/or nurture. If you do it right it can be a whole lot of fun - drugs/alcohol are the only thing that can compare, when I say it's something that can take you closer within, but only takes you further away if you abuse it.
  • Surrender - It's the secret to a good nights sleep. Quit, give up, let go of control, be free.
  • Serenity - morning or night it's in every dawn I've ever seen, and my pseudonym, Lola Serene.   
  • Sensuality - It's sight, smell, sound taste and touch. Used together it's the difference between sultry or smoking hot sexy and processed junk food versus fine dining. Enjoy and absorb every detail.
  • Success - Today, I will feel it the moment I press publish. If your intention is to hurt others while achieving your splendour - you can't rightfully claim it.
  • Simplicity - back to basics, straightforward and easy.
Just in case you think my effort today is slightly slack.  I'll try and use my seven S words in a little story.

My Spirit needs to Surrender to the Serenity, and rediscover the sun's Sensuality, so I'm heading outside to do my first spot of spring gardening. My back will begin to ache but the Simplicity of a long soak in the spa tonight will ease muscles that have been dormant all winter. Just the thought of bathing is starting to awaken the desires of Sexuality.  Soon I will read this to the Captain and seeing his smile, will mark this Sunday a Success.  
***

Sometimes an S bend is the straightest road we are given.


***

Find out how I chose my theme by reading the intro blog at A-Z challenge list. Words of change.  Please add more words to the list in the comments - and with gratitude, I'll link your words back to you.








38 comments :

  1. Haha love the little story at the end xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...brilliant as always!you have a way of zeroing into the core of things...

    i've answered your questions...:)

    http://www.thedraftygarret.com/2/post/2013/04/lovely1.html

    have a Spectacular day...enjoy your spring gardening...we're *almost* there...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say except I cant wait to see your post :)

      Delete
  3. Great post and lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally... sometimes the random stories are best :)

      Delete
  4. Another *smashing* substantial group of sensual sentences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny after I read them published I thought, that's a lot punch for one post... I might expand on some of them later :)

      Delete
  5. Susan says: Scintillating and smokingly serious at the same time, and super Ida thank you! A lovely reminder of the important things in our lives.
    Enjoy your spring gardening - here in South Africa we're freezing and shivering though the sun is bright and beautiful.
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine my home town in Melbourne is much the same as SA now, mind you the Summer here is more like Spring back home, but the longer I'm here the more I enjoy the cooler weather. Thanks Susan - I love that word scintillating - I think I need to explore it further :D

      Delete
  6. YOU are So Stinkin'Sweet! Hey answered your questions! Thanks again, Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved reading your answers and I'm adding a link here in case anybody else wants to read it too. 2 birds one stone

      Delete
  7. I loved that lil story and all those words too. S surely is a strong letter with so much of powerful words, including my name. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheethal, it's sure is a smooth and strong letter

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ripper question. Let's see - Spirit, I have a resistance to using the word, but it's the one I connect with most, mine and other peoples. I am physically here but everything right down to the cellular level is just energy. Surrender is the card that a lot of other people have chosen, so I have talked about it most. Serenity rings in my ears and touches all of my senses and makes me smile.

      Delete
  9. Success should never be attained at the expense of others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice story...speaking of a word starting with S...Story is a strong one too!

    - Dishit from Only the Crazy Survive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dishit... hahah I'm going to your page, only the crazy survive -this I gotta see. cute profile pic too... and thanks

      Delete
    2. I love that something so little inspires so much :)

      Delete
  11. Love the story!

    Thanks for following my blog. Following back. :)

    Hope you're having a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, I loved your post sadly I could read your haiku, the link isn't working on either of your posts

      Delete
  12. Very nice story! And I agree with Dishit. Story is a great 's' word too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly, I'm glad you pointed that out, it deserves a post (or some) of it's own.

      Delete
  13. Nice piece! (And we both used Serenity today.)
    S is the predominate letter in all three of my book titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex, I haven't seen Serenity or fireflies, I can see a lot of people seem upset that the series ended to soon. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm at the video store (that sounds so analogue)... I can never get too much serenity :)

      Delete
  14. Saying so sincerely sorry seemingly slow. What that meant, is my human is sleeping and has struggled to keep up with all of you doing the rather alternative alphabet challenge.

    So it seems said superstar dog states the comment because he continues to doze.

    Simply put, your "S" posting is super and sensational. Although, at first, I thought you were talking about snakes as in, "S is for Ss or S's." No, I'm not um taking the hiss :)

    Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get to read all about snakes tomorrow in my T post, sleep well Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar and sweet dreams make sure you look after your human - I hope the sun is shining so you can take him for a wee walk.

      Delete
  15. S is one very cool letter. Of course, my name starts with S. :)
    Thanks for the post ... I enjoyed reading it.

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Silvia, Thanks for commenting your post on Transylvania was fascinating

      Delete
  16. I am also Blogging A to Z.

    http://www.AMomsPointOfView.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty awesome uses of the letter S! (Says the girl from Sweet Tea & Sunshine!) I grew up in a family of all first initials S: Sherwin, Shirley, Shelby and Sherilee. Good grief that's annoying to think about now, but it never bothered me growing up (much). Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't have bothered me too much, I named my son Seth!

      Delete
    2. That must have been annoying when mail was addressed to S. Surname. :)

      Delete
  18. Serenity would come in very handy right about now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the easiest way to find Serenity it is to be grateful for what you can rely on, and beseech harmony and peace. All the best William

      Delete

Enjoy