About Me

My Photo
Amongst other things, this is a love story.... the theme changes occasionally... this year it is fitness and learning to love yourself.

18 April 2013

P is for Purpose. Healing with words. Day 16. #atozchallenge

purpose |ˈpərpəs|
nounthe reason for which something is done or created or for whichsomething exists
verb [ trans. formalhave as one's intention or objective 

Facebook Chat:

8.00am (He in Denmark) - I've found my purpose in life.

6.00pm (She in Australia) - What purpose?

8.03am - To be together with you.

6.06pm - That's not a purpose, it's beyond your control. What if I push you away? We are planetary opposites, it puts long distance relationships into a whole new realm, of ridiculousness. What about your kids, shouldn't they be your purpose?

8.12am - I hope they find their own purpose. I'll do what I can to be a good father, teach them to be good men, in a kind, fun and loving way. My purpose is to make you happy, hopefully that means you want to be together with me.

6.13pm - What if I don't?

8.20am - I hope you let me try, I've been thinking of ways to make you happy. Can I visit you, then you decide?  I want to see you, and for you to see me, it's the same feelings I had when when we first met, maybe this time you will believe me. No pressure. I can stay in a Hotel."

7.30pm - What do you mean believe you?....Of course you are welcome to come and visit, I have a guest room. It's been 11 years since I saw you last, but it's not like I don't know you. If things get awkward you can stay in a Hotel. You can do whatever you like... BUT don't get ahead of yourself, you live on the other side of the planet and I've decided I want to be single forever.

9.33am - Thank you dear. I'm so exited, I'm looking for tickets online now.
9.52am - I thought I wanted to be single forever too, but there's so many things I want to show you. I want to make you happy, even if it means letting you go again... do you remember I proposed to you last time?

8.03pm - I found my old journal - hahahaha! I thought you were joking.

10.04am - I pretended I was joking I didn't want you to think I was crazy.

8.05pm - You are crazy....

10.05am - Crazy in love with you...

8.06am - Nutcase! You should see what I wrote...I need to know you're not some strung out stalker, who knows how to sweet talk.  What if i see you and my first thought is - NO Way

10.11am - Well I'm sure we can have fun together, just as friends, it's only for a few weeks. When I get back, I have my children, I will find other things to keep me occupied, but my purpose will be the same, even if it's just happy thoughts I will send them to you everyday. I feel it's what I was born to do, you don't have to do anything, if happiness for you means being single forever, then it will be hard at first, but I'll just try and keep in touch with you, if you'll let me.

8.13pm - Ok cool, I can deal with that...Now, if it's your purpose, what took you so long?...*just joking*. ... Who knows? Stranger things have happened, but seriously, that's no easy purpose.
I'm moody, prone to distraction, I'm always right and sometimes I wish I was a sloth.
I am a sloth...

10.14am  - Sloth??

8.15pm - you know animal that doesn't move = lazy :)

10.23am - I booked a ticket. I arrive in 6 weeks on the 24th.  I can't wait to see you.


***

Are you struggling to find a purpose? I have been directionless my whole life, and it's landed me in the most phenomenal, phantasmagorical and precious places.

***
sloth - Thanks open clipart
"Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." Will Rogers

***

"If you know what you want, you'll find a way to get it" Jim Rohn

***

Find out how I chose my theme by reading the intro blog A-Z challenge list. Words of change.  Please add more words to the list in the comments - and with gratitude, I'll link your words back to you.

37 comments :

  1. Nicely chosen P words - well done. The conversation is also well done. Exactly as disjointed as they get online. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The disjointedness was hard, I think in reality it is much worse... esp with younger people, I almost gave up in the last hour - thanks for commenting Roseanne, I know your stories (after reading your blog yesterday) have your own personal experiences in them, it really is like being naked in a public place :)

      Delete
  2. To have a purpose even though life throws such obstacles in our way - I'm glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of obstacles that got in his way are enough to write a book about... :D

      Delete
  3. I thinK I said this to you once before. Hang on to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the coffee right? :D Thanks Zoe, I don't think my own mother would forgive me if I let him go :)

      Delete
  4. Interesting, but I'm not sure if this was real...something that happened to you or a cute blog post. If it's the later, you are very creative.

    Purpose...hum, guess mine is to be wife, mother, and my charity. My charity really feels like a purpose.

    A-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy, your comment makes me wish I had have explained more, but it was a challenge to keep it short, it is part of a story that is based on real events. I'll accept interesting gratefully thanks. Your purposes all seem worth fighting for :)

      Delete
  5. What a sweet glimpse into your relationship with your love. THank you for sharing this. I enjoyed reading it. "I'm always right." LOL.

    SiouxsiesMusings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, I'm still not sure how to write the countless hours of conversations we had, this was a bit of an experiment, I am glad you enjoyed it. A palm reader once looked at my hand and said I was always right too... I don't bother with absolutely resistant minds anymore, it's not worth the effort, but I still make silly mistakes, like putting my wipers on instead of indicating at times... :D

      Delete
  6. What a lovely wonderful purposeful story Ida thank you so so much for sharing it with us! This is one purposeful man - and in spite of obstacles along the way he stuck to the course bless him now and forever. You too - and thank you for the upside down sloth who somehow knows that being out on a limb brings its fruits.
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Thanks, I was wondering who might mention the sloth. The distance between us, and my character flaws, were two of his smaller obstacles. He is purposeful and it yields much better results than stubborn. Thank you also for your kind blessing he'll be chuffed :)

      Delete
  7. There are so many Interesting/Purposeful Themes in the AtoZ Challenge this year. Your's I find very 'Thoughtful'...taking words of change and applying them in a positive and purposeful way. Good job of writing in the fractured conversational style...the point was well taken.

    My Letter 'P'...Prolific Patchwork Pattern Piecer
    Sue CollectInTexasGal
    AtoZ LoneStar Quilting Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I have been amazed by some of the themes and posts. It's nice to have an outlet for our thoughts :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely post!

    I had no 'real' purpose until about 14 months ago. Having no real purpose lead me to my purpose.

    I'm now in my 2nd year of training to be a mental health nurse... and I LOVE it.

    Loved the story - very thought provoking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit, You have love pouring out of every sentence and I appreciate it so much. If you are doing what you love you will be an amazing Mental Health Nurse

      Delete
  9. Phantasmagorical - what a word!

    The first week of May for the Leibster post is great, just don't let me forget to stop by and check it out. Thank you for sharing the closeness between our interests. You would not be the first person I have met online that seems to be a kindred spirit so to speak. Let's be sure to keep in touch. Add me on facebook if you like Brandy Robertson(my profile pic right now is an anti-bullying heart)

    (I'm stuck on level 256 in CC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once phantasmagorical presented itself I had to find a way to add it... I've got a facebook page that needs sorting I will add you when I get it done - thanks again for the nomination.. re: CC there's worse ahead :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely story. And a great word. I think finding our individual purposes is what drives us and gives us something to feel proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever had to sell purpose, I would use your words. Thanks Krisztina

      Delete
  11. Wonderful! So glad to find your blog. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found me too, and thrilled you think it's wonderful

      Delete
  12. Totally struggling to find a purpose. How about you just tell me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I think our purpose is to just finish the challenge, and avoid other dogs poo at all costs :D -

      Delete
  13. That was great! Very entertaining! I love the last quote. "If you know what you want, you'll find a way to get it." Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V. It's his catchphrase, and on every email he sends her :)

      Delete
  14. Searching the purpose for life is soo me at the moment. And loved the way you presented the convo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Search for things that interest you or attract your attention, baby steps first. Thanks again for the nomination Sheethal,

      Delete
  15. I love reading about people's stories. And, this one is such a lovely romantic one. Pretty interesting how Social Media can reconnect people after long absences. Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always been my favourite thing about facebook, I have connected with family in Europe I have never met, and love dearly, and travelling friends from analogue days who that I thought I had no hope of finding again

      Delete
  16. Very clever idea. Somehow "Facebook" and "Purpose" seem like contradictory ideas.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool Thanks Arlee, I think I know what you mean, I was embarrassed to even think about finding a valuable purpose through facebook... but somehow I think that was Mark Zuckerberg purpose :)

      Delete
  17. I found a purpose in life. Once I realised that the road wasn't always going to be smooth. Yes, despite the potholes on the road to destination contentment, I'm getting to that purpose.

    As for 'Farcebook', everyone's favourite social 'notworking' site :) Okay, it actually has helped me find friends who wanted to get back in touch with me as I them. Besides, getting free accommodation in the aptly named town of Hope, British Columbia, is all thanks to a connection through Farcebook, sorry, Facebook :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems obstacles come with purpose, and of course you raise a valuable point, in that some people only see the obstacles... I won't even repeat what some of my friends call face@#^%, everyone has their criticisms, to me it's like a new millennium version of a telephone or address book... There's still hope ;)

      Delete
  18. He sounds like a purposeful man! Wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ida .. what a lovely conversation .. just perfect to read - thanks so much for letting us join in ... big cheers - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Hilary, you are making my day with all your comments today, I don't know how you find the time, but you are doing exactly what I plan to do after this challenge is over... that is to take the time to read through many posts that I have missed from new bloggers I have met... I have several of yours to catch up on. Thanks so much for your kind words.

      Delete

Enjoy