About Me

My Photo
Amongst other things, this is a love story.... the theme changes occasionally... this year it is fitness and learning to love yourself.

24 March 2013

A-Z challenge list. Words of change.

My little deck of Magic Spirit Cards have been around for a long time. Each card is about the length and width of two fingers, small enough to fit in my hand luggage so they have travelled all over the world with me. I wished they weren't called Magic Spirit Cards, so I created my own decks, called Magic Moments - but I didn't really like that name either.

They are just words, typed on the back of small cards, not tarot cards, but I have used them to do readings, and yearly, weekly or daily meditations.

I have, at times, used them obsessively, to the point of distraction, and frustration too - when I didn't get the word I was hoping for, or worse still - the word I was dreading.

I don't remember where I got them, the only trademark or name on them is a drawing of  a sun with the letter 'e' in it, (I'll post a photo in an update).  I don't know who created them, but whoever it was - Thank You - because they have given me lots of stories.

I use them now for sentimental sake, if I am quiet long enough I know exactly what word to use.

In honour of my Magic Spirit Cards I dedicate my  A-Z challenge blogs to the words that changed me.


The deck has 49 cards remaining in it, and the list already has close to 80 words.  I will choose one from each letter for the challenge in April, and lets just say, I'm pretty pleased that I have fodder for the next few months lying in this list, and I know I will add to it.

Words in black are from the Magic Spirit Card deck.  There are a few letters of the alphabet missing, so the red words fill in the gaps, which I found while trawling the net on this very helpful emotional identifier list.  The green words have been sumbitted in the comments.

I chose positive words that jumped out at me. I will save the negative's for after the challenge. I can see myself referring to this list a lot.

I'm really surprised by the three *** marked words that weren't in the deck,  I must have lost them, or maybe they are bookmarks in some of my favourite books.

Action
Aliveness
Abundance  - A is for Abundance Day one

Beauty
Balance - B is for Balance day 2
Bliss

Courage
Consciousness
Clarity - C is for Clarity Day 3
Communicate
Contentment: submitted by Life is Good

Discovery
Dream - D is for Dream Day 4

Embrace***   E is for Embrace Day 5
Experience
Extraordinary

Forgive
Freedom - F is for Freedom Day 6

Give
Grateful  - G is for Grateful

Harmony
Heart
Humility x 2 - H is for Humility

Intuition I is for Intuition
Imagine
Immaculate
Integrity

Joy- (Joie d' vivre) - 

Knowledge
Kaleidoscope: submitted by Writer-in-transit 

Love
Laughter

Movement
Magic

Nurture
Nifty
Nuance: submitted by Writer-in-transit 

Okay
Open
Ownership

Purpose
Prosperity
Pleasure
Perception
Psyche: submitted by Susan Scott
Phantasmagoric: submitted by Shannon Lawrence at  The Warrior Muse

Quiet***
Question
Quote: Submitted by Susan Scott

Respect
Receive
Responsible
Release 

Simplicity
Spirit
Sexuality
Surrender
Serenity
Sensuality
Success
Synchronicity: submitted by Susan Scott
Serendipity: submitted by Writer-in-transit

Tenderness
Think:  submitted by Hilary Melton-Butcher at Positive Letters...inspirational stories...
Truth
Transmute
Tryst: submitted by Writer-in-transit
To-get-her - Just because it's the working title of the book I'm writing :)

Universal
Understand***


Vivacious
Vibrant: submitted by Writer-in-transit

Willing
Wild
Watchful
Wonder
Warrior: submitted by PV Ariel (Phil)

from xoxo to XD
xanadu
Xerox: submitted by Klahanie

Youthful
Yearning
Yield

Zen 
Zany 
Zealous
Zippy



Please let me know in the comments, if you've got a favourite word (and why), that I can add to the list.




A-Z Challenge List

30 comments :

  1. Greetings Ida,

    What an interesting take on the um fabulous alphabet challenge :)

    I certainly embrace what you're doing and all the very best with it. "X" is for "Xerox". Do you copy?

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    In peace and goodwill,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Message xeroxed loud and clear. I am thinking your word will get a mention in the 'xoxo to XD' post - do you copy? I have even found a site and a book, that have removed all copyrights, if only I had the time to read it all. I cherish your interest :)

      Delete
    2. I've added your word and linked you :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Ida. Very kind of you mention shy and humble me in your link. With that, I shall now go and find me a warrior princess! :)

      Be well and your words are cherished.

      In kindness,

      Gary :)

      Delete
  2. I love your story. Always follow your heart! I did, and we've been together almost 30 years. I'm 47.
    My word for the year is "contentment". I wrote a post about it - I've had lots of medical issues lately, and just made the choice to focus on what I'm content about. Right now, I'm content about being a co-host for this about to start amazing Challenge. Welcome aboard!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the contents of your contentment posts :) - your perspective pretty much covers the lessons I learned the year gratitude was my word for the year. It's a great word, and I'll add it to the list with a link. I also love the way you refer to your partner as 'The Best and The Engineer." I have struggled with a word to use for my sweetheart, so at times I think I will copy your Best (if it's ok with you) and also start referring to him as the Captain - thanks for the inspiration and your comment :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ida .. thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving a message - lovely to meet you ... not sure if you saw the Gong Bath post .. the one before the IceHouse earth ones ... but as you're interested in healing - this might interest you.

    Think - would be my word ... think before you comment, think before you speak, and think of the other person ... there's always another reason, or another way ... so often we assume ...

    Since and during the time of my mother and uncle's illnesses - that putting others first became an essential ..

    I'll enjoy your A-Z posts .. and yes I wonder where those cards came from ... perhaps you'll find out one day ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hilary, I loved reading about your gong bath experience, esp. the part where you wrote about everybody's experience being different. I have had similar experiences with drumming, didgeridoo's and crystal bowls. Now I rely on cd's because I live to far away from any live action, so I am grateful for your story - it transported me back in time and the memory alone is enough to induce the experience - when we remember - so thank you.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely post thank you Ida! And what an extraordinary story about re-meeting your husband after 11 years - on FB no less!
    S for synchronicity - I MAY write on that on the A-Z. Maybe soul ...
    Q for quotes - I MAY write on that.
    P for psyche - I may write on that ...
    Your list is lovely and that you are emphasising the positives is so great.
    May you continue with your healing work. I am so pleased to have made contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Thank you - I drew inspiration from your Lillith post today and will write about snakes in my T for Transmutation post. I have just finished writing my A for Abundance post and though I have chosen my P, Q and S words, I will add your words to the list - I am already conjuring up for stories for all three. Good luck with the challenge - may your words flow and be far reaching.

      Delete
  5. In freshman English we were encouraged to choose a random word from the Dictionary or Thesaurus and write a story around it. My word was phantasmagoric. I've loved that word ever since.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon, I did a little giggle when I first saw your word, (that happens when I get nervous or am unsure of something) - then I felt tears surface, when I looked up the meaning - I have searched for a word to describe a sequence of dreams I had in a lucid state, during a reflexology session, many years ago.

      You have given me the word...thank you it's perfect. Now I just have to start thinking about how to use it in a sentence

      When people ask me what my favourite book is I often say dictionary's and thesauruses and if The Captains kid's are bored, I am going to start giving them one, they work for me - especially the Danish/English one's now :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad the word was helpful! I spend too much time looking up words, but if I didn't enjoy words, would I be a writer?

      Delete
    3. I'm stuck on 'too much time'. Does a florist ever spend too much time smelling flowers, and would we have so many colours if artists didn't waste time, creating the wrong before the right shades - trying to do their best?... The simple answer to your question is - probably not! - :) I think my new goal is to spend too much time looking up words - thanks again

      Delete
  6. hello Ida!!

    i'm so in love with your story and your message....and what a fantastic way to do the A to Z Challenge!

    i very much look forward to reading...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mel, I am honoured you love my story and message, you write so beautifully, I am probably going to have to pretend you aren't reading, so my inner critical perfectionist will shut-up during the editing processes - but truthfully I am so pleased to welcome you on board :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Ida Chiavaro
    Welcome Abroad.
    Happy to have you at this years atoz challenge
    Wonderful and informative list here
    Keep Going, the day is fast approaching
    Get Ready to Crack LOL
    I have something to add in the list. ie for The letter "W" for Warrior Means A Brave or experienced Fighter, We have one such name in our circle I mean in the A to Z host LOL
    Keep Inform
    Best


    I am
    Phil @ Philipscom
    An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
    And My Bio-blog

    PS: I just Joined in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind welcome Phil, and yes I am fast becoming a fan of our Warrior Muse. It's a great W word and am pleased to add it to the list. I read your tips for increasing traffic to your blog and would love to link it in the comments here but I just don't know how to yet. After seeing your comment I am suffering link envy, I will link your My bio-blog page to your word - thanks for contributing.

      Delete
  8. Ida I so enjoyed reading about your work on the ship and how you found your true love. And Thank you so much for following my blog
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Dr Sonia, My pleasure and I am glad you like my story. I'm slowly working on the novel, editing my old journals and hundreds of pages of instant messages, The Captain and I sent to each other, from first contact to arriving in Denmark. I found you through your craft blog, but have just now immersed myself in your ENT page, it's like reading a live medical dictionary, fascinating.

      Delete
  9. Hi Ida.
    Thanks for popping in at my place. I love the way you've planned your A to Z Challenge.
    You have a wonderful energy, a distinct spirit...

    I love words. They have sound, taste, feel, texture...

    There are lots of words I like.......
    Serendipity. Nuance. Caboodles. Tryst. Joie d' vivre. Kaleidoscope. Vibrant.
    I could go on and on and on...
    These are but a few...
    I'm looking forward to your A to Z posts.
    See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, next week sounds so much better than only 3 days till lift off!! Thank you that's quite a list, I was really hoping for a new V word, and nuance has already found it's way into my vocabulary today.

      I wish you would give more information about caboodle, it's a great sounding word, but I can't see how it relates to an emotion or lesson. Thanks again for for your contribution and kind words.

      Delete
    2. Caboodle doesn't really relate to an emotion or lesson. It sounds great so I just threw it into the mix while I was on a roll...
      It belongs with words such as mish-mash, paraphernalia, odds and ends... for example, oodles of caboodles... :)

      Delete
    3. yes of course, I could write about the oodles of caboodles that I left behind, gave away or chose to ship when I moved to the other side of the world. There were certainly emotions and lessons involved in that process. Thanks for shedding some more light :)

      Delete
  10. I do remember fondly the Magic memories cards you made and kept in a paua shell. I think of them often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shells were so nice. I think that was another reason I made the cards - they just belonged together. Good luck with the challenge.

      Delete
  11. Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your Magic Spirit Cards sound very intriguing! We all go through bouts of struggling to remain positive. I hope to be able to combat my own issues next month as well as help others too. My posts will be short and sweet though but I encourage comments and discussions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you triumph on all counts. I'm trying to keep the posts short and sweet, but I would also like to explore telling stories - who knows what will burst forth.

      Delete
  12. Strange. Very strange. Such exotic words and existential thoughts. And a sad story or two.

    Thanks for visiting the Bear's blog. Having visitors is always a delight.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy